10x-pert Workshop - HMW DNA Sample Preparation Techniques and Best Practices
Second in our 10x-pert Workshop Series, the HMW DNA Sample Preparation Techniques and Best Practices session was hosted by 10x sample prep group leader, Jill Herschleb. Jill’s been working with high molecular weight (HMW) DNA since 2003 and gave a great presentation providing general tips and best practices for HWM DNA isolation, as well as taking a deeper dive into two of our demonstrated protocols: HMW DNA isolation from fresh frozen tissues and DNA size selection for sample improvement. Following the presentation, Jill answered audience questions during an open Q&A session.
Watch the session recording and find links to HMW DNA sample prep resources below.
Video table of contents:
- Intro to HMW DNA Sample Prep: 1:30 – 12:30
- General tips and best practices: 12:30 – 17:10
- Protocol guidance – HMW DNA isolation from fresh frozen tissue: 17:10 – 25:40
- Protocol guidance – DNA size selection: 25:40 – 27:50
- Open Q&A session: 27:50 – 53:00
HMW DNA sample prep resources:
- Demonstrated protocols and technical notes can be downloaded from the 10x Support Site
- Here are some of the protocols and tech notes discussed in the presentation:
- Have questions? Ask them in our DNA sample prep forum.
Register for our upcoming 10x-pert Workshops - See the schedule here.