10x-pert Workshop - de novo Assembly with Linked-Reads & Supernova 2.0
On January 30th, 2018 we hosted our 7th 10x-pert Workshop: de novo Assembly with Linked-Reads and Supernova 2.0, featuring 10x R&D scientists David Jaffe and Nikka Keivanfar. David kicked-off the presentation with a look at the Supernova Assembler and assembly performance metrics for Supernova 2.0 across a range of species, including human, insect, plants and more. Nikka followed David and presented improvements to our high molecular weight (HMW) DNA sample preparation protocols and introduced a new protocol for DNA isolation from a single insect. Following the presentation, David and Nikka answered audience questions during an open Q&A session.
Watch the session recording and find links to 10x de novo assembly resources below.
Recording table of contents:
- Why use Supernova for de novo Assembly: 1:50 - 7:45
- Performance Review - Supernova 2.0 v. 1.2: 7:45 - 20:35
- Improvements to HMW DNA sample preparation: 20:35 - 29:30
- Q&A Session: 29:35 - 52:45
de novo Assembly Resources:
- Learn more about the Chromium™ de novo Assembly Solution
- Read this first - Achieving Success with de novo Assembly
- Download user guides and sample preparation protocols from the 10x Support Site
- Download Supernova 2.0 and access software documentation
- See the data for yourself - download de novo assembly datasets
Have a question? Visit the de novo assembly forum.