10x Community Guidelines
The mission of the 10x Community is to create a knowledge and peer network where both 10x users and those interested in 10x applications can interact, share ideas, learn about 10x technology and applications and engage with 10x.
In the spirit of respectful collaboration, we have a few guidelines to help ensure we maintain a positive and productive environment.
- Be respectful – It’s pretty simple; treat others as you would like to be treated. We all get frustrated from time to time or have a bad day. Take a minute to think before posting content that may be less than friendly. Please refrain from posting in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS (see, it’s not so pleasant), or posting content that may be considered obscene, defamatory, discriminatory, threatening or otherwise rude.
- Keep it positive – Our mission is to foster a productive environment focused on learning and sharing experiences. Please try to keep your interactions friendly and helpful. If any issues or problems do arise, please respectfully let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
- Post thoughtfully – Keep your posts relevant, post in the correct forums, don’t hijack threads (start a new discussion, if you need to), and don’t double post. Sometimes mistakes happen and that’s why we have the 10x Community moderator to help mange posts and generally help keep the community running smoothly.
- Respect copyright and other relevant laws – Always make sure you are not violating any laws or contractual agreements and that you have the appropriate permissions to post any content or links to content.
- Protect privacy- yours and others’ – Do not post anything about yourself or your organization that you do not want publically available, including: email addresses, passwords, instrument serial numbers or any other information that may put your privacy at risk.
- Let’s talk about research – Keep in mind that 10x Genomics products are for research use only and not for use in diagnostic procedures. Discussions or other content specifying utilization of these products outside their intended use will be subject to removal from the community.
To report any objectionable content, select the gear icon above the content and then select “Report Inappropriate Content”.
Please note that the user forums were created to provide a high quality atmosphere for 10x users to share experiences and expertise. While members from 10x Genomics may participate from time to time to provide advice and suggestions, these forums are not a dedicated and staffed support channel. For technical support, please visit our support site here.
While we do our best to respect freedom of speech, we may modify or remove any posts that violate the above guidelines or Community Terms of Service agreed to upon registration in this community. All users will be privately notified of any guideline violations and modifications to, or removal of, their content.
Additionally, these guidelines may be modified at anytime to help maintain a safe and productive environment.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.