10x Community Terms of Service
The 10x Community is a peer-to-peer channel for people using 10x's technology. It is a great place to learn more about 10x Genomics technology and engage with peers. We expect all to observe the community rules of conduct set forth in these Terms.
You may need a 10x Community account in order to use some of our services. You are responsible for maintaining the information in and privacy settings for your account, including, but not limited to, your personal profile. In consideration of your use of the 10x Community Site you agree that all information provided in your profile is accurate, true, current, and complete. 10x retains the right to terminate accounts and ban users at any time and without prior notice, for any violation of the Terms, generally, or the Conduct Requirements (below) in particular, including without limitation any impersonating of another person, using another person's email address (without permission), creating duplicate accounts, or participating in any other fraudulent or abusive activity, as outlined in these Terms.
You will at all times conduct yourself in the 10x Community in accordance with the 10x Community Guidelines.
You may not use your registration membership (or allow anyone else to use your registration membership) to post or transmit:
- Content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Off topic content that is not relevant to 10x's technology, applications or the intended use of this service.
- Content that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any person or entity.
- Content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, unlawful, harmful, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, abusive, tortious, threatening or harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation.
- Personal phone numbers or addresses (to protect privacy).
- Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers, or other contact information that is not your own, including, but not limited to 10x Genomics employee's email addresses.
- Unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation. This includes advertising links in signatures.
- Content or links that contain any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
- Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity, including, but not limited to, 10x.
- Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more boards.
In addition, you may not:
- Intentionally post any material of which will give rise to criminal or civil liability under the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are posting, the laws of the State of California, and/or the laws of the United States.
- Take any action that in any way interferes with or imposes any unreasonable burden upon the Site or its normal operation.
- Purposefully disregard warnings, bans or suspensions from the 10x Community moderator or administrators.
To report a violation of these guidelines, please notify us using the "Report Inappropriate Content" feature or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
Without limiting the generality of any of the Terms, 10X reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, through the 10x Community moderators or otherwise, to monitor any and all posts to the community website, and at any time, and without prior notice, remove any posts, or modify any posts that violate the Terms in general or these Conduct Requirements in particular. Additionally, 10X may, through its Community moderators or otherwise, in its sole and absolute discretion, ban, inactivate and/or delete your account at any time and without notice for any violation of the Terms, generally, or these Conduct Requirements in particular.
Member Generated Content
- You acknowledge that you, and not 10x, are responsible for the content you submit. 10x does not endorse any member generated content or opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein 10x is not liable for any statements, representations, or contents provided by members on the site. 10x does not guarantee, and expressly disclaims any guaranty of the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such content.
- 10x reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on the site that 10x deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the Conduct Requirements or any other provision of these Terms. 10x reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason or no reason.
- Except as expressly provided elsewhere herein, on the Site, or in a separate written agreement with 10x, any information, feedback, comments or other submissions made to 10x will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that you will NOT submit any proprietary or confidential information, feedback, comments, including without limitation, any Protected Health Information as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), or other submissions to 10x, and that any information, feedback, comments or other submissions submitted to 10x shall become the property of 10x. You agree that 10x may freely, and without attribution, refer to, reproduce, summarize, paraphrase, or otherwise use any information, feedback, comments or other submissions made to the 10x Community website, for any purpose.
- The products discussed on this site are sold FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY, and NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. You acknowledge that if you elect to use the products discussed on this site for a purpose that would subject you or the products to the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration ("FDA") or any other applicable regulatory laws, you will be solely responsible for obtaining any required approvals or testing and otherwise ensuring that your use of the product complies with FDA or other applicable regulatory laws. You acknowledge that any use of products and components in any manner other than in accordance with published accepted protocols may result in liability to you. Postings containing discussions of unapproved uses are subject to removal at the sole discretion of 10x or its affiliates.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all statements, posts, content or other acts or activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge and/or consent. You agree to immediately notify 10x of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. You can notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 10x will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You must be 18 years of age or older to access the 10x Community Site.
The language of the 10x Community Site is English.
The Terms are subject to change without notice, and your use of the Site will indicate your agreement to be bound by the Terms then provided here and as directed in other locations of the Site. Please read the Terms regularly upon accessing the Site to understand the current Terms.
Nothing in the Terms is intended to modify, amend or otherwise alter any Terms and Conditions of Sale for any 10x products or services provided by 10x. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any such Terms and Conditions of Sale, the Terms and Conditions of Sale shall govern. Moreover, any content presented on the Community website, whether provided by a 10x Community moderator or by a third party, shall not constitute any alteration, modification or amendment to any such Terms and Conditions of Sale, including without limitation, any warranty, restrictions on use, or other terms set forth therein.