Highlighted

Is cDNA Primer Mix (3' v2) the same as cDNA Primers (3' v3)?

Posted By: Luciano2018, on Mar 19, 2019 at 8:57 PM

Hi guys, do we know whether the cDNA Primer Mix (3' v2) the same as cDNA Primers (3' v3)?

They have different catralogue number, but the scheme looks identical...Forward primer (partial Read1) and TSO-Primer.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Re: Is cDNA Primer Mix (3' v2) the same as cDNA Primers (3' v3)?

Posted By: eileendalin, on Mar 20, 2019 at 2:55 PM

The composition of the cDNA primer for 3' v2 and 3' v3 is different which is why you see two different product names and numbers, therefore reagents should not be used interchangeably with these two kits.

You can refer to the technical note below which compares v2 and v3 workflow and reagents and you will see that the cDNA primers for v3 contains cDNA additive whereas the v2 cDNA Primer Mix does not and therefore cDNA additive is required to be added separately to the reaction for this chemistry.

Chromium Single Cell 3ʹ v3: Reagent, Workflow & Software Updates

Posted By: Luciano2018, on Mar 20, 2019 at 3:13 PM
Thank you!

Yes, not used interchangeably...no issues there. My question is in terms of sequence. Are the sequence the same or different? Do you know this by any chance?
Thanks again for your help!

Posted By: eileendalin, on Mar 20, 2019 at 5:42 PM

The sequences of the cDNA Primers for v2 and v3 are not the same. If interested, we do provide the sequences for both products and you can find them in the below documents.

3' v3 User Guide, see page 54

3' v2 Assay Scheme, see page 3

Posted By: Luciano2018, on Mar 20, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Thank you! that answered my question!

I notcied the TSO prrimer is shorter on TACAT. For the pursposes of my experiment (cDNA done with v3 and cDNA amp with v2 kit) it will all work fine. 

Thanks!