Highlighted

Methanol fixation of cells

Posted By: NG, on Sep 4, 2017 at 2:03 AM

Hi,

Have you tested methanol fixation of cells as described by Karaiskos et al. in Science for the Drosophila cells they store at -80°C and later run on their Drop-Seq setup? How would such samples perform on the Chromium opposed to cells cyropreserved as descirbed in the demonstrated protocols?

Thanks for your reply.

35 Replies

Re: Methanol fixation of cells

Posted By: shauna-10x, on Sep 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

Our R&D sample prep team is currently working on a demonstrated protocol for the methanol fixation of cells. They are working on generating datasets and testing storage conditions to ensure there is no decline the overall complexity or quality of the data.  

If you are interested, we'd be happy to add your email to our contact list and send you a notification once the protocol is available.

Best,

Shauna

Posted By: Dimitri, on Sep 21, 2017 at 11:54 PM

Dear Shauna,

I would be very happy to be contacted as soon as your fixation protocol is ready!

My email : dimitri.pirottin@ulg.ac.be

Thanks,

Dimitri

Posted By: Dimitri, on Sep 22, 2017 at 2:37 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We have used the protocol described in "Cell fixation and preservation for dropletbased single-cell transcriptomics", Alles et al, BMC Biol, 2017.

Dimitri

Posted By: shauna-10x, on Sep 22, 2017 at 7:16 AM

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your interest in the methanol fixation protocol.  I'll make sure you are added to the list.

Best,

Shauna